Sunday, April 17, 2011

Capstone 2nd 30-Day WiP: Images and Work Report

Since our last works in progress, I have only had the chance to photograph Brandy and her family one additional time. I was supposed to meet with her and photograph on Friday but she had an issue that came up so we had to cancel. I was also supposed to do an audio interview with her Sunday night but when it came time to use the equipment that I checked out from the locker, I realized that the headphone jack was broken so I had to push the interview back to Monday night.

I've also had another setback: I am not allowed to photograph any of the children on Brandy's bus routes nor am I even allowed to ride with her during her routes. So, the only pictures I will be able to take of Brandy doing her job would be when she and her kids get on the bus. Not much to work with there...

On a positive note, I think I have a better focus for the story. I'm thinking in terms of a headline that reads: "Surviving the Chaos" or "Losing Solitude." The more time I spend with Brandy and her family, the clearer it has become that her life is extremely hectic and she rarely ever gets time to herself. Most of my photos document how stressful her life is, trying to raise four young children all by herself. They also show that it is pretty rare that Brandy is seen without at least one of her children around. I'm eager to show some more images to the class and see what everyone thinks about this new possible focus.

Here are some of my selects for this works in progress:









No comments:

Post a Comment